The CMMI Certification describes the principles and practices underlying software process maturity and is intended to help software organizations improve the maturity of their software processes in terms of an evolutionary path from ad hoc, chaotic processes to mature, disciplined software processes. CMMI Certification is organized into five maturity levels. A maturity level is a well – defined evolutionary plateau toward achieving a mature software process. Each maturity level provides a layer in the foundation for continuous process improvement.CMMI Certification of appraisal results involves periodic follow-up after appraisals and accepting legal responsibility for the performance of appraised organizations, and prescribing a shelf life for appraisal results. These characteristics are required for a program that provides certification of appraisal results.
CMMI Certification supports only one of these requirements: appraisal results expire after a period of three years. The CMMI Institute urges customers to request a copy of an Appraisal Disclosure Statement (ADS) when evaluating suppliers. The ADS documents the achieved maturity level or capability level profile and documents which parts of the organization were appraised.
Maturity levels for services
The process areas below and their maturity levels are listed for the CMMI for services model:
CMMI Certification Maturity Level 2 – Managed
- CM – Configuration Management
- MA – Measurement and Analysis
- PPQA – Process and Quality Assurance
- REQM – Requirements Management
- SAM – Supplier Agreement Management
- SD – Service Delivery
- WMC – Work Monitoring and Control
- WP – Work Planning
Maturity Level 3 – Defined
- CAM – Capacity and Availability Management
- DAR – Decision Analysis and Resolution
- IRP – Incident Resolution and Prevention
- IWM – Integrated Work Management
- OPD – Organizational Process Definition
- OPF – Organizational Process Focus
- OT – Organizational Training
- RSKM – Risk Management
- SCON – Service Continuity
- SSD – Service System Development
- SST – Service System Transition
- STSM – Strategic Service Management
Maturity Level 4 – Quantitatively Managed
- OPP – Organizational Process Performance
- QWM – Quantitative Work Management
Maturity Level 5 – Optimizing
- CAR – Causal Analysis and Resolution.
- OPM – Organizational Performance Management.
Our advice, go for it!
If you are looking or thinking on how to get CMMI certification in India you can reach out to us. You can partner with us on consulting the standard requirement. We help our customers to consult free of cost. You can reach out to us at or write to us on email@example.com with your entire certification requirement. Also, you can feel free to visit our official website at www.gmsintercert.com and provide your contact details so that one of our Consulting experts can contact you in order to understand more about your process so that we can perform a free gap analysis. We are available 24/7 for all of our customers.