What is ISO 50001 Certification?
ISO 50001 Certification Energy Management System certification, provides a framework for establishing energy management best practice to help organisations to improve their energy efficiency plus make a return on investment by implementing ISO 50001. The standard enables organisations to establish the systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance, including energy efficiency, use, and consumption.
The ISO 50001 Certification energy management standard is a proven framework for industrial facilities, commercial facilities, or entire organizations to manage energy—including all aspects of energy procurement and use. An energy management system establishes the structure and discipline to implement technical and management strategies that significantly cut energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions—and sustain those savings over time. Savings can come from no- to low-cost operational improvements.
Potential Energy Savings
If widely adopted, the voluntary ISO 50001 Certification standard could influence up to 60% of the world’s energy use across many economic sectors. Factors expected to drive broad adoption of ISO 50001 include the growth of corporate sustainability programs and the spread of energy management standards along the manufacturing supply chain. Companies may also find the resulting energy and carbon reductions increasingly valuable as a means to comply with possible carbon reduction initiatives or to enhance their corporate environmental practices.
ISO 50001 provides organizations with an internationally recognized framework for implementing an energy management system (EnMS). The standard addresses the following:
- Energy use and consumption
- Measurement, documentation, and reporting of energy use and consumption
- Design and procurement practices for energy-using equipment, systems, and processes
- All variables affecting energy performance that can be monitored and influenced by the organization.
What industries implement ISO 50001:2018?
The energy standard is applicable to organisations both large and small, irrespective of geographical, cultural or social conditions. ISO 50001 has been structured to be aligned with other popular industry management system standards, so it is possible to integrate an energy management system (EnMS) with your existing management system(s). Certification Europe has operational experience in energy management in the EU, Africa and Asia.
Key Steps to ISO 50001 Certification
- Set an Energy Policy
- Have management commitment
- Empower an energy team
- Identify where energy is used
- Create plans to improve energy use
- Management approval of plans
- Track progress and reassess energy action plans
What are the benefits of ISO 50001 Certification?
- Identify and Manage the risks surrounding your future energy supply
- Measure and monitor energy use to identify where to improve efficiency
- Improve overall performance to cut energy consumption and bills
- Reduce carbon emissions and meet government reduction targets
- Demonstrate environmental credentials to increase tender opportunities
Our advice, go for it!
If you are looking or thinking on how to get ISO 50001 certification in India you can reach out to us. You can partner with us on consulting the standard requirement. We help our customers to consult free of cost. You can reach out to us at or write to us on email@example.com with your entire certification requirement. Also, you can feel free to visit our official website at www.gmsintercert.com and provide your contact details so that one of our Consulting experts can contact you in order to understand more about your process so that we can perform a free gap analysis. We are available 24/7 for all of our customers.